Oct 02, 2023
HA 302 - Human Resources Management
Emphasizes principles, methods, and procedures in human resource management and labor relations within healthcare organizations. Topics include job analysis, job description, recruitment, selection, retention, performance management, and diversity, as well as coverage of the various personnel functions and the nature of union management relations as they evolve within a healthcare organization.
Assignments: 4 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizational, legal, and environmental forces that create the framework for human resource management.
- Evaluate and redesign processes and programs to target the organizational mission and goals.
- Understand the strategic components of human resource management, and analyze opportunities in your workplace.
- Apply the principles and practices of this course in the health care field, particularly as it relates to the following:
- Diverse personnel working in the healthcare field.
- The role of human resource management as it applies to all aspects of the workplace.
- Changes in the workplace due to changes in the demographics of the workforce.
- The relationship of workplace components and their collective ability to meet health care industry demands.
- Legal requirements pertaining to the labor force.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)