Sep 24, 2022
PY 301 - Personality Theory
Critically examines the major theoretical approaches to understanding personality, including the works of Freud, Jung, Skinner, Maslow, and Rogers. Methods of assessment such as self-report and projective testing are discussed. The theories, methodology, and research results pertinent to a number of topics in the psychology of personality are addressed.
Prerequisites & Notes
Assignments: 5 Units
Final Assessment: None
Course Learning Objectives
- Translate practical knowledge related to developmental theories and research of educational psychology into practice;
- Describe how diverse developmental, cognitive, and behavioral theories can be applied within the classroom;
- Integrate the principles of educational psychology by recognizing diverse learning styles and planning instructional approaches for effective learning environments;
- Explain how learner motivation and self-regulation can be increased and the impact of that in the classroom;
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of educational measurement and evaluation in relation to teaching and learning; and
- Synthesize educational theory and current research in the field in order to support educational perspectives and instructional practices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)