Oct 03, 2023
PY 305 - Social Psychology
Examines the way individuals are affected by and interact in social situations. Topics include attitude formation and change, the attribution process, inter-group conflict and conflict resolution, leadership, the social psychology of health and aging.
Prerequisites & Notes
PY 101 or SO 201
Assignments: 4 Units
Final Assessment: Research Project and Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- List at least three major theorists/researchers in the social-psychology field.
- Define social psychology, conformity, prejudice, aggression, and persuasion.
- Explain four ways that mass media influence people’s choices.
- Name the components of Cognitive Dissonance Theory.
- Define self-justification and self-presentation.
- Discuss at least five important social problems and the significance of social psychology as related to these problems.
- List five reasons why research is conducted in social psychology.
- Explain three factors that contribute to our selection of an intimate partner.
- Define and differentiate between stereotype and prejudice.
- Discuss framing and its impact on our social cognition.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)