Oct 01, 2022
NU 610 - Practicum in Nursing Administration
A practicum, under the guidance of a preceptor, is arranged to meet individual student objectives related to the application of theories and research in nursing administration and management. The setting is selected by the student in collaboration with the faculty advisor. A contract with the preceptor is developed.
Prerequisites & Notes
All MSN Core courses, HA511, HA512, HA525, HA700
- Final Assessment: Successful Completion of Practicum
- Practicum requirements include 135 hours that focus on a nurse manager/administrator project that will benefit the student’s professional development and the interests of the health care setting. These hours are on-site and off-site practice experiences that include review and application of relevant evidence and theories, such as occur with policy review and/or staff development.
Course Learning Objectives
Students in this experience will be able to do the following:
- Identify an appropriate topic for a project relating to the advanced role of the nurse manager/administrator in a health-care setting.
- Formulate and carry out a plan for acquiring new skills and knowledge relative to the project.
- Evaluate the results of the project.
- Analyze the implications of the project for the health-care facility.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter learned within the graduate curriculum as it relates to the topic .
- Apply critical-thinking skills throughout the practicum.
- Achieve individualized objectives.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)