MB 550 - Corporate Strategic Leadership
Explores the leaders role in guiding the creation and formulation of corporate strategy (utilizing techniques such as scenario planning) and the subsequent planning for the implementation of strategy. With strategic leadership responsible for developing collaboration throughout the organization, this course addresses the principles that guide the strategic integration of operations and functions.
Prerequisites & Notes
MB510, MB651, MB660
Assignments: 10 Week Course
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: None
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain characteristics of strategic leadership and strategic thinking.
- Define and employ strategic-leadership terminology appropriately.
- Discuss characteristics of the macro-environment, industry structure, and the organization that may affect strategy and competitiveness.
- Apply analytical frameworks to analyze the competitive positions and future prospects of organizations.
- Discuss strategy-selection issues and alternatives.
- Identify factors that facilitate effective planning processes and successful implementation.
- Apply course concepts across a variety of industries and business settings.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)