Sep 25, 2022
HA 700 - Strategic Planning and Management
Progresses beyond the analysis of strategic planning processes. Explores how an organizations strategic plans can be implemented most effectively to promote success in an uncertain and often turbulent health care environment. Conceptual and descriptive approaches are utilized to provide an overview of current practices and notable advances in strategic management.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 515, HA 545 (or NU 503), and HA 575.
- Assignments: 4 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of strategic management in a turbulent health care environment.
- Recognize that strategic planning is an iterative process and not just a written document.
- Explain the importance of strategic thinking in the conversion of data into strategy formulation.
- Recognize the importance of both an internal and external environmental assessment in the strategic planning process.
- Distinguish between a strategic and operations orientation and analyze the importance of each for organizational success.
- Utilize a customer and stakeholder needs and expectations approach as key elements in strategic management.
- Apply the elements of strategic planning models to direct organizational success.
- Create a strategic plan for a health care organization.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)