Feb 04, 2023
HA 525 - Healthcare Financial Management
Oriented to the contemporary role of a senior health services manager, and is designed to give the student both conceptual understanding and applied skills in financial management. Reviews accounting concepts and procedures, and internal control. It emphasizes the interpretation of financial statements and operational budgeting. It examines cost analysis, cost allocation, capital budgeting, and rate setting. The strategic role of financial management in today’s health care organization is the unifying theme of the course.
Prerequisites & Notes
HA 343 or other accounting or finance course
Assignments: 4 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Research Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the current health care environment, including forms of business organizations and the third-party payer system.
- Apply basic financial-management concepts, including time value analysis and the financial concepts of risk and reward.
- Compare and contrast the various means of financing capital assets.
- Describe capital budgeting decision-making techniques.
- Identify future trends in health care benefits and financing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)