IT 216 - Certified Information Systems Security (CISSP) Prep Course
This course prepares students to sit for and pass the vendor neutral certified information systems security professional (CISSP) certification exam. This course provides a more in-depth look into the techniques, processes, and implementation behind strong cybersecurity. Students will learn general security, network security, operating system security, methods for testing security, IP security, wireless security, how to use firewalls and gateways, guard against hackers and viruses, build authentication skills, and encryption techniques
Prerequisites & Notes
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
1. Explain how to build secure systems that can prevent and detect intrusions.
2. Demonstrate how to protect mission-critical systems.
3. Deploy policy driven security systems.
4. Explain how to select and implement the best encryption methodologies that meet the organization’s needs.
5. Explain Physical, Operational, Network and Storage security.
6. Describe the risk, legal, and regulations related impacts to the I.T. and Security function and how to stay compliant.
Credits: 3 credits / Can also be taken as a non-credit course (IT 016)
[Add to Portfolio]