The summer programs at Saint Joseph’s College offer a variety of innovative courses, special workshops and seminars, and other educational programs.
During the 2017 summer program we have many exciting ways to further your education:
- Immersion Courses - This format allows you to complete your course on-campus in one week with pre-residency readings and a post residency assignment.
- Hybrid Courses - This format expedites the completion of the course from the traditional 15 weeks to 6 weeks. The course has both an online and an on-campus component. The first week is online, the second week on-campus, and the last 4 weeks finish online.
- Accelerated 6 week Online only Courses - This format also facilitates the completion of the course from the traditional 15 weeks to 6 weeks, but without visiting campus.
- Study Away - This format gives students the option to travel to New York City, where the course will present theological doctrine through the arts, or Granada, Spain, where students will be immersed in the Catholic history and culture of Spain.
- Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) - This one (1) week experience brings teachers from all over the country to study Advanced Placement (AP) in a subject area of their choosing. This program consists of training from College Board certified AP consultants to improve the participant’s ability in teaching AP.
Spending part of your summer in Maine with us is the perfect opportunity to:
- Explore new career possibilities.
- Fulfill industry continuing education requirements.
- Accelerate your degree path.
- Expand your awareness of the world around you.
Visit the best place in New England to invigorate your mind!
- Saint Joseph’s College is located on beautiful Sebago Lake, Maine’s second largest lake.
- Participation in any of our events gives you access to all College facilities, including Wellehan Library, business computer lab, recreation center (with pool, fitness & weight room, climbing wall, and indoor track), and dining hall.
- The region, a favorite four-season vacation spot, has an abundance of clean lakes & rivers, beautiful hiking trails, and quaint New England areas of interest.
- When your event is over, be sure to plan a few days to enjoy Maine’s bountiful outdoor adventures, numerous beaches, New England fairs and festivals, antiquing and shopping, fabulous seafood, breathtaking scenic beauty, and more.