The summer programs at Saint Joseph’s College offer a variety of innovative courses, special workshops and seminars, and other educational programs.
During the 2018 summer program, we have many exciting ways to further your education:
- Hybrid Courses - Courses have both an online and an on-campus component. The format is either a 12-week course with 11 weeks online and 1 week onsite, or, a 5-week course, with 4 weeks online and 4 days on campus.
- Accelerated 6 week Online Only Courses - This format also facilitates the completion of the course from the traditional 12 weeks to 6 weeks, but without visiting campus.
- Study Away - This format gives students the option to travel to Rome, Italy, where the course explores first-hand the spiritual treasure of Rome through the centuries by visiting pivotal sites inside and outside of Rome,holy placesthat hold special meaning for Catholic pilgrims and scholars or Granada, Spain, where students will participate in the IFES Summer School and Conference.
- Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) - This one (1) week experience brings teachers from all over the country to study Advanced Placement (AP) in a subject area of their choosing. This program consists of training from College Board certified AP consultants to improve the participant’s ability in teaching AP.
- Skin and Wound Management Certification - This one-week course offers an evidence-based approach to wound management to help clinicians stay current with the standards of care and legally defensible at bedside. It consists of four days of instruction and on the fifth day students sit for the certification exam.
- Ostomy Management Specialist - This one week course will take you through the anatomy and physiology of the systems involved in fecal/urinary diversions. The course includes hands-on worksho0ps and online pre-course modules. It consists of four days of instruction and on the fifth day student sit for the certification exam.
Spending part of your summer in Maine with us is the perfect opportunity to:
- Explore new career possibilities.
- Fulfill industry continuing education requirements.
- Accelerate your degree path.
- Expand your awareness of the world around you.
Visit the best place in New England to invigorate your mind!
- Saint Joseph’s College is located on beautiful Sebago Lake, Maine’s second largest lake.
- Participation in any of our events gives you access to all College facilities, including Wellehan Library, business computer lab, recreation center (with pool, fitness & weight room, climbing wall, and indoor track), and dining hall.
- The region, a favorite four-season vacation spot, has an abundance of clean lakes & rivers, beautiful hiking trails, and quaint New England areas of interest.
- When your event is over, be sure to plan a few days to enjoy Maine’s bountiful outdoor adventures, numerous beaches, New England fairs and festivals, antiquing and shopping, fabulous seafood, breathtaking scenic beauty, and more.