May 22, 2018
IT 115 - Computer Networking - Network+ Certification Prep Course
CompTIA Network+ is a vendor neutral networking certification that is highly trusted around the globe. This course covers the essential knowledge and skills required to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networking device.
Prerequisites & Notes
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the basic components associated with networks and telecommunications
- Learn the fundamentals of network and telecommunication technologies
- Understand the fundamentals of information-based strategies using networks and telecommunications and related applications
- Gain enough practical experience in designing, installing and managing networked systems to be able to install and manage a small network
- Understand the value and opportunities for organizational advantages from networks, communications, and related applications
- Understand the legal, social, and ethical issues associated with networks and telecommunications
- Appreciate some of the values and techniques that may become available from technology convergence and new standards or conventions. Conversely, to appreciate how information technology and networking may combine to become irrelevant in some organizations
- Comprehend the preparations needed to protect an organization from threats and risks related to failures, security, disasters, and crises.
Credits: 3 credits / Can also be taken as a non-credit course (IT 015)
[Add to Portfolio]