FY 100 - The Art of Student Success
Through research designed to promote introspection and self-evaluation, students will create a strategy for success in an online college environment. Through guided self-reflection students will evaluate their English, math, and research skills and then identify resources that will help them improve upon these skills. Students will create a complete financial assessment of the cost of obtaining a degree and explore the regulations and responsibilities associated with financial aid. A guided, self-reflective approach to creating a strategy for degree completion will be the final assignment in the class.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
· Demonstrate familiarity with college policies and resources.
· Self-evaluate English, math, academic writing, and research skills, and determine how these skills correspond to academic success.
· Identify relevant resources that will address priority skill areas.
· Recognize the full cost of a college degree, and understand the responsibility involved in any corresponding student loan debt.
· Develop a plan for success, through introspection and self-evaluation, to achieve academic goals.
Credits: 3 credits
[Add to Portfolio]