Dec 17, 2017
IT 230 - Programming I
This course introduces the main concepts of programming logic and equips students with the tools necessary to design and document program specifications. Students will learn interactive coding techniques, algorithm design/development, program constants, program variables, control structures, functions, procedures, logic, code control, error trapping, error handling, flowchart /structure chart design, and pseudo code.
Prerequisites & Notes
IT 100 and IT 105
Accelerated 6 week online summer session course. Prerequisites waived if student shows competency in: 1) internet usage and 2) downloading and saving files.
Assignments: 6 Units
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Introduce the concept of structured programing and the syntax of programming.
- Use identifiers to name variables, constants and methods.
- Identify syntax errors, runtime errors and logical errors.
- Declare, initialize and access elements in arrays.
- Utilize methods, loop structures, iteration and selection.
- Use operators to write expressions.
- Name variables, constants and methods.
Credits: 3 Offered: Online; Accelerated Online Summer 2017
[Add to Portfolio]