Jul 22, 2018
TH 602 - The Trinity
This course explores the Mystery of God in the Three Persons of the Holy Trinity, studying the nature of the Trinity, as well as the operations and relationships among each Person and with creation, especially with humanity. The approach is systematic and historical, with emphasis on God’s self-revelation in creation and salvation history. Focus will be on reading primary sources, especially the Early Church Fathers.
Prerequisites & Notes
TH 530, TH 580
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Study the development of Trinitarian doctrine from the perspective of Scripture and Tradition.
- Read the early Councils of the Church and major Patristic works in light of the trinitarian and christological controversies that gave rise to them.
- Articulate how the development of the dogma of the Trinity is integrally related to participation in Divine Life.
- Understand the nature of the Trinity and the operations and relationships among the Persons and with creation, especially with humanity.
- Demonstrate how the life of the Trinity is central to the economy of Salvation.
- Perceive the imprint of the Trinity in creation, especially in the human person.
- Articulate the ways in which the human person is created in the image of the Trinity and the operations of the Trinity for the transfiguration of the body and soul.
- Study the impact of Trinitarian dogma on the history of Christian spirituality.
[Add to Portfolio]