TH 562 - Foundations in Religious Education
This course provides an overview of the history of religious education and catechesis. It also examines best practices in Catholic religious education.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the ministry of Catechesis, its tasks, nature, and purpose and the object of Catechesis.
- Grasp the Source and sources of Catechesis.
- Understand the Deposit of Faith.
- Become more deeply familiar with the Symbol of Faith.
- Become familiar with the significant historical moments within Catechetics.
- Become acquainted with selected key catechetical figures throughout history and recognize the methodology used throughout history.
- Strengthen your own knowledge of the Catholic faith by reading primary catechetical resources throughout the Church’s history.
- Engage with the key genres of Catechesis: initiation homilies, catechisms, and directories.
- Understand “evangelizing catechesis.”
Add to Portfolio