TH 541 - Church Management and Leadership
An exploration of the meaning and challenges of being a leader and participating in management of the Catholic Church. Students will examine leadership theory from the perspective of the Gospel and analyze their own leadership styles.
Prerequisites & Notes
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theory and principles as well as the difference between leadership and management.
- Cite examples of the primary activities of leadership and management with regard to team building, collaboration, and conflict management.
- Construct a plan that includes vision and mission statements, goals, action steps, and evaluation processes for a specific leadership focus.
- Identify and apply ethical principles to leadership situations.
- Articulate a spirituality of leadership that synthesizes the course learning in the context of Gospel imperatives.
- Produce an annotated bibliography of relevant resources in a chosen field of leadership.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a Leadership Project which integrates course material and demonstrates course application to a concrete area of leadership need.
[Add to Portfolio]