PH 202 - Philosophy of Human Nature
This course introduces you to twelve major theories of human nature. They are representative of both historical and Eastern and Western perspectives. The central principles of each theory will be elucidated, compared, and contrasted, and you will have the opportunity to synthesize, apply, and discuss your own opinions as to the merits of each theory.
Prerequisites & Notes
EH 106 or equivalent is required; EH 107 or equivalent is recommended.
Assignments: 5 Units/12 Lessons
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain twelve major philosophical perspectives of human nature.
- Describe what each perspective sees as the main source of human suffering.
- Explain what they see as the best prescription to end human suffering.
- Compare and contrast the theories.
- Apply each theory to a contemporary issue.
- Present a synthesis of the theories.
- Articulate your own theory of human nature.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)