HA 715 - Health Policy and Politics
Designed to increase the students understanding of policy formulation and adoption.Learn how to participate in the policy process. An examination is made of the forces of change in society as they affect policy formulation. It explores how political choices must be made with respect to social needs and the relationship of cultural values to proposed solutions.
Prerequisites & Notes
Assignments: 12 weekly assignments
Interactivity: Weekly live session
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe and assess the major factors affecting health care policy.
- Describe the development of health policy in the United States.
- Describe and evaluate the roles of political institutions and structures in forming and implementing health policy.
- Describe and evaluate the role of special interest groups and special populations in the formation and implementation of health policy.
- Describe and evaluate the various issues in the policymaking process.
- Apply this knowledge of health policy and politics to a specific issue that relates to your work in health care.
[Add to Portfolio]