ED 540 - Adult Education and Self-Directed Learning
Examines the major theories of adult learning and their philosophical traditions through a broad overview of both theory and practice. Investigates various facilitation methods of adult learning processes including andragogy, self-directed learning, transformative learning, and dialogue. Students will have the opportunity to practice adult self-directed learning as well as explore and reflect upon it.
Assignments: 4 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Adopt a personal philosophy of adult leaning.
- Differentiate the three main theories of adult learning.
- Demonstrate two models of facilitating self-directed learning.
- Facilitate two methods of transformational learning.
- Distinguish between dialogue, questioning, and discussion in adult education settings.
- Create an adult learning lesson using three theories of adult learning.
- Critically reflect on your learning from this course.
[Add to Portfolio]