The Master of Divinity program prepares students for ministerial work in the church and provides an advanced level graduate degree beyond the Master of Arts in Theology, as well as prerequisite programming for students planning to pursue the Doctor of Ministry degree.
- This program professes fidelity to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the doctrine and heritage of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The curriculum provides a theological education for those who seek to serve the needs of the Catholic Church and society.
- Students develop an understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith with a specific emphasis on application in ministry.
- This program provides competency in ministry, with an appropriate credential.
- Optional residential summer session allows students to accelerate completion of the program.
M.Div. Curriculum (90 credits)
Note: an Accelerated M.Div. track (72 credits) is available to anyone with an earned master’s degree in theology or ministry, as well as ordained deacons and men in diocesan diaconal formation programs).
Biblical Studies (12 credits)
TH 555 - Introduction to the Old Testament (3 credits)
TH 520 - Introduction to the New Testament (3 credits)
TH 557 - Wisdom Literature: Bridging the Testaments (3 credits)
TH 700 - The Prophets (1 credit)
TH 701 - Faith in Paul and John (1 credit)
TH 702 - The Synoptic Gospels (1 credit)
Theology (24 credits)
TH 545 - Theology of Ecumenism (3 credits)
TH 550 - Foundations in Catholic Theology (3 credits)
TH 530 - Christology (3 credits)
TH 580 - Theology of the Sacraments (3 credits)
TH 590 - Ecclesiology (3 credits)
TH 601 - Theology of Grace (3 credits)
TH 602 - The Trinity (3 credits)
TH 615 - Mariology (3 credits)
Moral Theology (12 credits)
TH 505 - Foundations of Moral Theology (3 credits)
TH 512 - Catholic Bioethics (3 credits)
TH 581 - Catholic Social Teaching (3 credits)
TH 582 - Theology of the Body (3 credits)
Liturgy and Spirituality (9 credits)
TH 586 - Theology of the Liturgy (3 credits)
TH 511 - Foundations of Catholic Spirituality (3 credits)
TH 575 - Spiritual Direction (3 credits)
Ministry (12 credits)
TH 526 - Theology of Pastoral Ministry (3 credits)
TH 562 - Foundations in Religious Education (3 credits)
TH 565 - Theology of Family Ministry (3 credits)
TH 604 - Canon Law (3 credits)
Capstone (3 credits)
TH 600P - Master’s Thesis (3 credits)
ELECTIVES (18 credits taken from any 3 or 1 credit graduate theology courses)