The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a Senior Living Leadership Major meets the needs of those who wish to become effective managers of people, projects, or their own business. The curriculum has been developed by professionals with both business and academic expertise. Courses require students to apply what they have learned to a work setting and thus are able to immediately test their personal and professional skills. The program’s goal is to ensure that the graduate will have acquired those sound analytical skills that are necessary to become an effective manager in either public or private institutions.
The program outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Senior Living Leadership major include the abilities to:
- Engage in a comprehensive course of study that builds a strong business foundation in the newly emerging field of Senior Living Leadership.
- Apply theory to practice within the critical areas of management in 21st century organizations.
- Acquire various bodies of knowledge and competencies within specific areas of study or individual fields.
- Demonstrate critical writing, thinking, calculating, and communication proficiencies.
- Acquire broad areas of human knowledge to develop intellectual capacity and deepen insight within general fields of study.
- Understand the foundation of ethical and professional standards including those specific to a field of study.
- Develop a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Obtain credential or degree needed to advance or enter professional career in the field of management.
Students enrolled in the program must earn 128 semester-hour credits, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College.
Students may transfer up to 18 general electives..
Business courses consist of 66 credits, with 13 business core courses (39 semester-hour credits); 6 required major core courses (18 semester-hour credits); 3 business elective courses (9 semester-hour credits)
About the Curriculum
The program includes a core curriculum that provides a sound foundation for your degree in business administration. The major and elective courses have been carefully chosen and developed to ensure students have ample opportunitiy to learn about this particular discipline within the domain of business.