Oct 03, 2023
MK 201 - Introduction to Marketing
Emphasizes basic decision-making tools and analytic processes by the marketing manager including: product policy and new product development, distribution and channel systems, personal selling and mass selling techniques, pricing, promotion, and marketing program implementation.
Assignments: Varied Throughout the Term
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Provide an introduction and exposure to, and an understanding of, the marketing concept.
- Develop an ability to analyze and assess an organization and its products and services.
- Develop awareness and a practical knowledge of the marketing mix, especially as evidenced within your own company or organization, and as utilized by your company’s/organization’s senior management.
- Gain a working familiarity with the terminology, objectives, and issues that concern and impact marketing in the twenty-first century.
- Demonstrate decision-making abilities as you bring a product and/or service to market via a marketing plan.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking relative to marketing decisions.
- Describe essential principles of consumer behavior in relation to marketing.
- Perform a competitive analysis.
- Assess your own company’s ability to effectively market itself.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)