The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration meets the needs of those who wish to become effective managers of people, projects, or their own business. The curriculum has been developed by professionals with both business and academic expertise. Courses require students to apply what they have learned to a work setting and thus are able to immediately test their personal and professional skills. The program’s goal is to ensure that the graduate will have acquired those sound analytical skills that are necessary to become an effective manager in either public or private institutions. Although not required, majors offered are in Management, *Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Senior Living Leadership and Banking (in collaboration with the Center for Financial Training/Northern New England).
The program outcomes for the Business Administration degree include the abilities to:
- Acquire various bodies of knowledge and competencies within specific areas of study or individual fields.
- Demonstrate critical writing, thinking, calculating, and communication proficiencies.
- Acquire broad areas of human knowledge to develop intellectual capacity and deepen insight within general fields of study.
- Understand the foundation of ethical and professional standards including those specific to a field of study.
- Develop a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Obtain credential or degree needed to advance or enter professional career related to each field.
Students enrolled in the program must earn 128 semester-hour credits, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College. Students may enroll in the general business administration program to maximize transfer credit options or choose a major. Please see each major for any unique requirements.
Choose from 2 Options: General BSBA, or, BSBA with Specialization
There are two primary degree completion options that can be considered based on the best overall strategy (including transfer credit) for the individual applicant.
For the general degree option, students may transfer up to 30 general elective credits and 15 business elective credits. Scroll down the page to learn more about the requirements for this option.
When choosing the major option, students may transfer up to 21 general elective credits and 9 business elective credits for each of the five areas of focus. Please click on the links to learn more about each major:
- The general degree option consists of 15 business elective credits.
- The Accounting, Banking, Management and Sales & Marketing major degree options each consist of 9 business elective credits.
- The Accounting Information Systems, Information Technology Management, and Senior Living Leadership majors consist of 9 business elective credits chosen from those specified for the degree.
Master of Accountancy Fast Track
Especially for those with serious goals of becoming a licensed CPA, the BSBA with an Accounting major can accelerate your progress. Completion of Intermediate Accounting I and II with at least a “B” waives the requirement to take the two equivalent graduate accounting courses (AC500 and AC510; 6 semester-hour credits), thus providing a Fast Track into the Master’s degree. With waivers, students who elect to take two courses in each of the five ten week terms of the graduate program can complete the program in one year!
To learn more about admission requirements and waivers, please visit the Fast Track to Master of Accountancy page.
It is highly recommended that students in the Accounting major determine their state’s accounting coursework requirements to choose appropriate business electives.