TH 13 - World Youth Day: The Mission Experience
For over 30 years, the Church invites its youth from all over the globe to celebrate their Catholic heritage at World Youth Day. Implemented by Pope Saint John Paul II, this unique pilgrimage affords youth opportunities “to examine their deepest aspirations, to heighten their sense of belonging to the Church, to proclaim their common faith in the crucified and risen Christ with increasing joy and courage” (World Youth Day VIII Message). This Continuing Education Unit presents materials on the role of missionary discipleship, the essential nature of accompaniment, and the importance of collaboration as the means to prepare communities for this special celebration.
6 Lessons - Pass/Fail
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
1. Discover the importance of an evangelizing presence in the 21st century.
2. Understand the importance of the baptismal call to be missionary disciples.
3. Describe the charisms of missionary discipleship and relate them to specific lay saints.
4. Identify the different ways of collaborating and recognize the importance of Christcentered collaboration.
5. Distinguish between the roles of an event coordinator and a pilgrim leader.
6. Connect the importance of encounter, accompany, and send to ministry work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)