Oct 20, 2020
SC 200 - Physical Science
This course will provide an overview of physical science involving the study of matter and its interactions with surroundings. Content will be topical in nature and focused on dynamics, energy, electromagnetism, atomic, and nuclear theory, radiation, and chemistry applications. There is no lab required with this course.
Assignments: Varied throughout the term
Interactivity: Discussionn Boards
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe energy and energy transfer on a macroscopic level.
- Explain principles of electricity and magnetism.
- Explain light and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Describe the composition of matter on an atomic and subatomic level.
- Distinguish between different forms of radiation.
- Summarize practical applications of radiation technology.
- Explain how physical principles lead to chemical principles.
- Relate physical science principles to everyday life.
Credits: 3 credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)