Nov 23, 2020
TH 405 - Practicum in Theological Studies
This course integrates theoretical knowledge and reflection with practical experience under the guidance of a field supervisor and faculty mentor. The practicum is designed for the mature student nearing completion of the bachelor’s degree.
Prerequisites & Notes
- TH 101, TH 220, TH 226, and TH 330
- Consultation with advisor: TH 405 requires a three-month pre-enrollment period for preliminary research and practicum setup before the student’s start date; therefore, the student must begin the process three months prior to the actual enrollment start date.
Course Learning Objectives
- Plan and execute a pastoral field experience.
- Integrate theological knowledge and reflection with practical experience.
- Sharpen communication skills through collaboration with the practicum supervisor, faculty mentor, and any persons involved with or affected by the field experience.
- Deepen ones understanding of vocation.
- Explore, with a view to discerning, a specific vocational direction.
- Develop a Program Model that can be adapted for wider use.
- Assess the outcomes of the practicum experience according to the objectives set forth in the Practicum Contract.
Offered: Every Term
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)