HA 545 - Research Methods
Examines methods for planning and conducting research and analyzing data. Particular attention is given to data collection techniques, and the application of findings to the study of health needs or management systems. Statistical methods of data analysis applicable to health research interests are reviewed.
Prerequisites & Notes
Statistics and HA 525
Assignments: 12 weekly assignments
Interactivity: Weekly live session
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Differentiate among various research designs and methods and compare their utility in various health care environments, delivery systems, and management decision-making.
- Design, prepare to implement, and outline the analysis of a health care research project.
- Apply research concepts acquired from the course in developing a research paper.
- Construct and apply decision criteria to data selection and analysis for making management decisions.
- Analyze and critically evaluate research presented in professional journals, text, and presentations.
- Synthesize and apply relevant research findings to the professional direction, management, and delivery of health care services.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)