Apr 10, 2021
ED 536 - Educational Leadership
Discusses different types of leadership including those found to be most effective in the varying circumstances of educational organizations. Particular attention is paid to the attitudes and approaches generally found most suitable for leading professional employees, and for creating and maintaining both an organization’s collective values and its strategic direction. Whether you are a health care educator, a teacher-leader, a school administrator, or military personnel, you will examine various perspectives and apply them to your own situation.
Prerequisites & Notes
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board and electronic communications log
- Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Expand your knowledge, through inquiry and reflection, about the roles and responsibilities of educational leaders, and educational leadership theory.
- Understand and apply the ISLLC Standards for School Leaders.
- Evaluate and discuss the leadership roles vital in the vision, energy, mission, and culture of the school organization.
- Evaluate and discuss the leadership roles vital in achieving meaningful and purposeful educational change in schools.
- Research and describe how different leadership theories apply to your school or organizational setting.
- Research and incorporate recent leadership issues and challenges into your discussions and writings.
- Participate in an ongoing, dynamic electronic dialogue with the instructor and classmates through the Discussion Board.
- Communicate with local and distance leaders about leadership roles and approaches.
- Examine and analyze case studies by applying educational leadership theories to practice.
- Act as an educational leader, integrating theory and practice, in your written work and electronic communications.
- Create an Academically Based Service Learning Project (ABSLP) which you will implement in your educational setting.
- Reflect upon and summarize your plan for your own development as an educational leader.
Offered: Online: Summer 2017, Week 1
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)