ED 535 - Organizational Theory and Planning
Provides an analysis of educational organizations as systems of interrelated parts, influencing and being influenced by other systems. Considers both internal and external constituencies in evaluating models of planning processes which include data selection and analysis, types and timing of stakeholder inputs, uses and usefulness of future projections, and techniques most suitable to addressing different types of problems.
Assignments: 4 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify and discuss historically representative organizational theories and models.
- Understand how organizational structure helps and/or hinders organizational and individual behavior.
- Apply organizational theory to practice by developing a personal plan of action.
- Understand principles, and practice sample techniques of strategic planning.
- Understand a leaders role in the organizational planning, change, and improvement process.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)