CO 111 - The Effective Communicator
This course is designed for the learner who is both practical and forward-looking. We will focus on the real situations in which business communication takes place, with attention to observation, analysis, and the “how-to” of effective workplace communication. We will also discuss a variety of strategies for enhancing one’s immediate effectiveness, with an eye on how the development of communication skills forms an integral part of building one’s career.
Prerequisites & Notes
EH 106 or equivalent is required. EH 107 or equivalent is recommended.
Assignments: Varied Throughout the Term
Interactivity: Discussion Forums
Final Assessment: None
Course Learning Objectives
- Upon completion of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Apply to your business activities a clear and practical understanding of effective ways to communicate.
- Learn and use the tools of business writing for immediate results and for career enhancement.
- Develop and practice the skills of meeting management and business presentations.
- Create and maintain a strategic approach to managing one’s own workplace-communication activities.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)