AT 121 - Fine Arts Colloquium
Credits: 2 credits
The intent of Fine Arts Colloquium is to inspire a cross discipline dialog that involves all majors. Taking place on a bi-weekly basis, this course provides a forum for both 2D and 3D students to be part of an ongoing discussion about contemporary art and practices. These conversations serve to unite the majors as a whole and promote the culture of peer discussions about art and contemporary topics.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
1. Apply artistic technical skills to complete original works of art;
2. Critique creative works of art by describing their merits in oral critiques;
3. Employ best practices in career development in the communications and new media fields
through resume and portfolio development;
4. Clearly formulate their ideas in written and visual exhibition proposals;
5. Practice effective time management through completion of self-directed assignments.
6. Present finished work in public exhibitions that enhances the livability of the community and/ or
engage the public in artistic discourse.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)