TH 16 - Ministry and New Media
“Keeping the doors of our churches open also means keeping them open in the digital environment so that people, whatever their situation in life, can enter, and so that the Gospel can go out to reach everyone” (Pope Francis’ Message on XLVIII World Communications Day). Engagement in the 21st century requires knowledge about different media platforms and understanding how to leverage specific media to design ministry opportunities and build an online evangelization presence. Moving from maintenance to mission asks baptized Christians to collaborate with their communities in their outreach toward not only their religious community, but also the greater world.
6 Lessons - Pass/Fail
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
1. Define “New Evangelization”.
2. Trace the “call to evangelize” through specific Magisterial documents.
3. Explore and evaluate popular social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
4. Review current communications guidelines from United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
5. Develop or re-design a specific social media strategy for ministry.
6. Learn ways to schedule posts and engage social media followers.
[Add to Portfolio]