HA 727 - Applied Capstone Project
This course represents a culmination of the student’s graduate work in the MHA Program. The student works closely with an assigned instructor to develop either an Applied Research Paper or an Applied Management Project. If the student intends to eventually pursue doctoral studies and/or engage in scholarly writing and publications, then the Applied Research Paper should be selected. For those students who plan to continue working in direct healthcare administration, they should choose the Applied Management Project.
Prerequisites & Notes
All other required and electibe graduate courses.
The capstone is designed by the student, with the approval of the designated supervising instructor, to address an issue relevant to healthcare administration. Each Capstone student develops a project based on relevance and contribution to the field, as well as individual interests and abilities. Each project will include original research done by the student. Monthly progress reports are required. Students have six months to complete the capstone.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Make a substantial professional contribution to the organization in which you work or to the healthcare profession in general.
- Integrate and apply the knowledge you acquired during your studies in the MHA program. Hone your skills to state-of-the-art proficiency in the particular project you have undertaken.
- Be proficient in the particular topical area of the project you have undertaken.
- Broaden your understanding of research methods and reports.
- Sharpen your ability to apply the findings of research toward the solution of healthcare management problems.
- Exhibit your abilities to complete a major scholarly document.
Offered: Monthly starts
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)