Mar 28, 2020
TH 580 - Theology of the Sacraments
This course provides a biblical, historical, and theological treatment of the Catholic sacraments. It discusses Christ as the primordial sacrament, Church as sacrament, and the individual sacraments.
Prerequisites & Notes
This course is offered online as part of the Theology curriculum.
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe how the sacraments fit into God’s plan of salvation through the grace of Christ working in the Church.
- Explain classical terminology pertaining to sacramental theology.
- Discuss the main theological emphases of the sacramental teaching of the Council of Trent and the Second Vatican Council,
- Explain the history of scaramental theology
- Correlating sacramental characters with the role of the visibility of the Church.
- Explain significant theological aspects of each of the seven sacraments.
Offered: Online; Summer Session 2016, Week 1: Semester 201703
Add to Portfolio