TH 541 - Church Management and Leadership
An exploration of the meaning and challenges of being a leader and participating in management of the Catholic Church. Students will examine leadership theory from the perspective of the Gospel and analyze their own leadership styles.
Prerequisites & Notes
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theory and principles as well as the difference between leadership and management;
- Cite examples of primary activities of leadership and management with regard to team building, collaboration, and conflict managment;
- Compose a pastoral plan that includes vision and mission statements, goals, action steps, and evaluation processes for a specific leadership focus;
- Identify and apply ethical principles to leadership situations;
- Articulate a spiritualityh of leadership that synthesizes the course learning in the context of Gospel imperatives.
[Add to Portfolio]