TH 520 - The New Testament
Investigates the historical sources, context, and content of the New Testament writings with an emphasis on the Letters of Paul and the four Gospels.
Prerequisites & Notes
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Utilize the tools of biblical criticism.
- Explore the New Testament community.
- Explain the ecclesial and historical development of the New Testament Canon.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the New Testament writings.
- Learn about authorship and sources of the writings.
- Discuss literary forms.
- Apply biblical knowledge to the sacramental and ecclesial life of the Church.
[Add to Portfolio]