TH 102 - Introduction to the New Testament
An introduction to the cultural, historical, and religious milieu in which Christianity emerged and developed in its first century emphasizing the Letters of Paul and the four Gospels.
Prerequisites & Notes
This course is offered online as part of the Theology curriculum with monthly start dates.
It will also be offered during the 2017 summer session with an on campus component.
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate a positive familiarity with the four Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, and St. Paul.
- Recognize the literary forms used within the New Testament.
- Understand the perspectives of the Gospel writers as they relate to the communities for/to which they were writing.
- Note the contemporary historical influences on the Gospels and the writings of St. Paul.
- Recognize the various problems associated with the study of the New Testament.
Offered: Online; Summer 2017, Week 2
[Add to Portfolio]