Jan 27, 2021
TH 101 - Catholic Doctrine and Theology
A systematic introduction to Catholic doctrine and theology based on the study of the Nicene Creed with an emphasis on the “distinctively Catholic.” The course provides the basis for the program in Theological Studies.
Prerequisites & Notes
This course is normally taken as the first course in the Theological Studies major.
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize the depth and breadth of Catholic doctrine and teaching found in, and based on, the Apostles and Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creeds.
- Explain the relationship between faith, believing, doctrine, dogma, and theology.
- Define key Christian concepts and their development.
- Use the Catechism of the Catholic Church as a theological source book.
- Identify the role of the distinctively Catholic in Catholic doctrine and theology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)