Oct 24, 2021
SE 600 - Leadership in Sport Administration
This course will examine how the legal system affects the implementation of sport and recreation programs. Topics will include but not limited to tort law, contract law, federal legislation such as Title IX and ADA Accommodations, trademark infringement and copyright law. Students will enhance their understanding of legal issues pertaining to sport through self-directed study, case study analysis and risk management techniques and implementation.
Prerequisites & Notes
MB515, HR500, MK500, SE500, MB500, MB540, MB642, MB530, SE505, MB641
This is an online independent study, weekly structured, 10 week course. You will acquire the skills outlined in the course objectives through the following activities:
- Readings from textbooks, journal articles, and or websites
- Written assignments consisting of short and long essays for critical thinking and analysis
- Reflective journal-keeping
- Case studies
Course Learning Objectives
- Evaluate how leadership is an integral part of the success of an organization.
- Apply leadership theories to the diverse roles and expectations of a sport administrator.
- Distinguish between leadership styles and management functions based on own personal experiences and organizational needs.
Credits: 3 Credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)