Dec 05, 2020
HIM 403 - Healthcare Statistics & Research
This course provides an understanding of the analysis and effective presentation of data in a healthcare system to inform decision-making and system operations
Prerequisites & Notes
HIM 214, HIM 250, HIM 260, HIM 300, HIM 320, HIM 340, and HIM 402
12 weekly lessons/assignments
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Apply analytical results to facilitate decision-making.
- Apply data extraction methodologies.
- Recommend organizational action based on knowledge obtained from data exploration and mining.
- Analyze clinical data to identify trends that demonstrate quality, safety, and effectiveness of healthcare.
- Apply knowledge of database querying and data exploration and mining techniques to facilitate information retrieval.
- Evaluate administrative reports using appropriate software.
- Interpret inferential statistics.
- Analyze statistical data for decision-making.
- Apply principles of research and clinical literature evaluation to improve outcomes.
- Plan adherence to Institutional Review Board (IRB) processes and policies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)