Oct 20, 2021
MK 500 - Strategic Marketing
This course will require students to integrate strategy with marketing and apply a systems-thinking approach to the development of a brand that aligns with organizational strategy and core ideology. Significant focus will be placed on sustainability and innovation, as well as the impact of dynamic environments and hypercompetitive markets.
Prerequisites & Notes
Assignments: 10 Week Course
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Assess the risk involved in creating a brand image and the consequences of gaps between ideals and reality.
- Consider the consequences and side-effects of strategic choices.
- Evaluate marketing plans through multiple lenses, including a variety of stakeholders, including customers, complementors, employees, and government.
- Apply a case study methodology to solving business problems through written submissions and in-class or online dialogue.
- Engage in civil discourse through challenge, defense, and respectful disagreement.
- Apply marketing concepts and theories to real world situations through classroom dialogue or online forum participation.
- Develop marketing plans consistent with sustainability and informed by conscious capitalism with its ethos of balancing the interests of people, profit, and planet.
- Complete a semester project involving creation of a marketing or branding plan that applies concepts and theories through an integrative approach.
Credits: 3 credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)