Oct 23, 2019
MK 415 - Social Media Marketing
This course examines the role of Social Media in marketing for brands and organizations and highlights how to build brand awareness with social media through content creation, visual storytelling, knowing your audience, and understanding the most popular social media platforms for business. This class is a blend of understanding how to create a presence on social media as well as how to use the different platforms. The goal is to give you the skills you need to be able to log on to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. and start creating content and visuals that promotes brand awareness.
Key to this class is using the skills you have learned as part of a “Community Based Learning” strategy. The materials you create in the class will build upon your skills and knowledge to create social media content for your chosen organization. You’ll create material for your chosen organization for potential use on their social media accounts as well as create informational materials for them to help inform how to better leverage their social media presence.
Prerequisites & Notes
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe the role and impact Social Media has played on modern society.
- Explain the importance of knowing your audience, developing content, and understanding industry best-practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to use different Social Media platforms.
- Analyze traditional Social Media outlets for messaging and effectiveness.
- Evaluate the needs of a company or organization and develop a Social Media promotion that suits them.
Credits: 3 Credits
[Add to Portfolio]