Mar 19, 2019
TH 562 - Foundations in Religious Education
This course provides an overview of the history of religious education and catechesis. It also examines best practices in Catholic religious education.
Assignments: 5 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Distinguish and identify the object, tasks, nature and purpose of the ministry of catechesis.
- Define key terminology, such as Deposit of Faith, Symbol of Faith, divine pedagogy, fides qua, and fides quae.
- Identify the primary and secondary sources of catechesis
- List the significant historical moments within catechetics, and characterize the essential and specific contributions of key catechetical figures.
- Define and classify the various genres of catechetical writings and documents: initiation homilies, catechisms, and directories.
- Determine and isolate best practices in practices in past and present methodologies.
- Examine the relationship of religious education and catechesis in the overall mission of evangelization.
[Add to Portfolio]