Feb 17, 2019
TH 315 - Theology of Ecumenism
Presents major events associated with the ecumenical movement, including establishment of the World Council of Churches and the convening of the Second Vatican Council. It explores the method of ecumenical dialogue and some of the obstacles to Christian unity.
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Forums
- Final Assessment: None
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the Biblical foundations of ecumenism.
- Describe the essential elements of ecclesiology, especially how they relate to or impact ecumenism.
- Explain your experience and understanding of ecumenism based on your own religious tradition and apply those elements to the historical and theological study of ecumenism.
- Engage in a dialogue with other religious traditions.
- Summarize the principles found in the Second Vatican Councils Decree on Ecumenism and explain its impact on the advancement of ecumenism.
- Describe the role of the world Council of Churches with regard to the mainline Protestant traditions and explain its impact on ecumenism.
- Identify some of the current obstacles to unity and offer some practical solutions to these challenges.
- Complete an ecumenical project.
[Add to Portfolio]