Feb 17, 2019
SA 301 - Principles of Sales (Salesmanship)
The initial focus of the course is on the sales function, learned persuasive techniques will have value in many other areas of social and professional life that range from job interviewing to effective business meetings. This course also focuses on enhancing ones ability to use appropriate, ethical communications that help one to accomplish their objectives.
Prerequisites & Notes
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Project
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize the parallelism of professional-selling skills to persuasion/influencing-skills that are needed by business professionals, including those who are in non-sales positions.
- Describe the importance of professional development as a critical factor that contributes to a sales representative’s success, including key areas in which a sales representative would want to gain expertise.
- Apply key communication tools and learning to your day-to-day business environment to facilitate your ability to be seen by others as a persuasive and influential individual.
Additionally, you will gain an understanding of the following:
- The Selling Cycle – The Buying Cycle
- FAB – Features, Advantages, Benefits
- Selling/Persuading/Communication Techniques
- Effective Professional Presentation Techniques
- Sales, as part of the marketing concept
- Interactions with people – Managing your interpersonal relationships
- Dressing for success
[Add to Portfolio]