HA 605 - Healthcare Marketing
Relates key marketing functions to the health care industry. It integrates health care services development with promotion activities, pricing, and the distribution of services. Emphasis is placed on the managerial aspects of marketing strategies necessary for survival in a competitive marketplace. Further attention is given to the design of services and programs that respond to market interests and consumer preferences.
Assignments: 12 weekly assignments
Interactivity: Weekly live session
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Define what marketing means in a health care context including what characteristics distinguish a Marketing-driven organization.
- Differentiate strategic planning, business planning and marketing planning.
- Apply established marketing principles to a health care setting.
- Identify trends in the organization, delivery, and financing of health care services that are particularly market-sensitive.
- Explain factors that present special challenges when marketing a health care product or service.
- Develop a marketing plan for a health care organization.
Add to Portfolio