ED 522 - Educational Psychology
Covers the application of psychology to the systemic study of education. Five areas will be examined: the academic, social, and emotional development of students; individual differences; learning processes; instructional methods and strategies; and assessing learning. The course materials prompt students to reflect on critical issues in teaching and schooling, as controversial educational questions are presented in a point-counterpoint format.
Assignments: 4 Units
Interactivity: Discussion Board
Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to illustrate, in writing, an understanding and application of content as it applies to:
- Developmental and behavioral theories in education.
- Strategies used to encourage motivation and thoughtful learning.
- Teaching to diverse learning styles.
- Creating learning environments.
- Formative and summative assessment tools.
[Add to Portfolio]