Sep 18, 2020
AC 401 - Auditing
This course is focused on the practical application of auditing processes with emphasis on assurance services provided by a public accounting practice. Areas of review include professional ethics and auditing standards, audit procedures, audit reports and client management.
Prerequisites & Notes
AC 310, AC 311
- Assignments: 5 Units
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final: None
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize the basic factors affecting an audit environment.
- Identify accepted auditing standards.
- Define the auditor’s role.
- Clearly delineate what is ethical and unethical for a CPA.
- Determine what independence is and its importance in public accounting.
- Identify what risk is to the audit and auditor.
- Identify and evaluate relevant and competent evidential matter.
- Apply audit procedures both properly and timely.
- Perform tests of internal controls
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)