FY 101 - First-Year Experience (FYE) Seminar
Credits: 1 credit
FY101 is designed to introduce the entering college or university student to the academic side of college life, to help prepare students to negotiate the academic environment, and to look beyond college life to wider communities, societal issues, and toward a considered discernment of one’s potential roles in our complex global society.
The FYE seminar is required for all first-year students.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Identify essential skills of for academic success;
- Describe appropriate academic and personal support resources on campus;
- Adapt, as an incoming student, to Saint Joseph’s College environment;
- Recognize campus opportunities;
- Foster relationships with their peers, faculty and staff;
- Develop leadership and professional skills for success in the classroom and beyond;
- Define the mission and the value of Saint Joseph’s College.
Add to Portfolio