Oct 27, 2021
HY 104 - Modern Global History
Modern Global History studies the development of world systems, civilizations and cultures from the Age of Exploration, c. 1500 CE, to the present, with the aim of understanding both unique and inter-related historical developments, threats, and opportunities as these relate to an increasingly inter-connected world and its people.
- Assignments: 5 Units/12 Lessons
- Interactivity: Discussion Board
- Final Assessment: Final Paper
Course Learning Objectives
- Analyze experiences and situations outside their current and local frame of reference.
- Understand an increasingly competitive professional job market, both domestic and international, by studying its historical development.
- Correlate major historical themes with their own particular existence and lifestyles.
- Understand the antecedent historical environment which has conditioned the present global situation.
- Assess the impact of historical events on aspects of human status.
- Demonstrate how socially constructed notions influence historical events.
Credits: 3 credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)