TH 20 - The New Testament
Investigates the historical sources, context, and content of the New Testament writings with an emphasis on the Letters of Paul and the four Gospels. This is a pass/fail, non-credit course.
Prerequisites & Notes
This course is offered online as part of the Theology curriculum with monthly start dates.
It will also be offered during the 2017 summer session with an on campus component.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Utilize the tools of biblical criticism.
- Explore the New Testament community.
- Explain the ecclesial and historical development of the New Testament Canon.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the New Testament writings.
- Learn about authorship and sources of the writings.
- Discuss literary forms.
- Apply biblical knowledge to the sacramental and ecclesial life of the Church.
Credits: 0 Offered: Online; Summer 2017, Onsite - Week 2
[Add to Portfolio]